DroSecMa – Drone Security Management
DroSecMa provides the ability to mitigate the threat presented by drones while leveraging their capabilities for enhanced surveillance and inspection. Drones may be used in ways that are much more efficient and in situations where human interactions may be problematic, un-safe, not cost effective, or impossible.
• escCUAS™ (CUAS/Counter-UAS): use of multi-sensor technology to acutely detect, identify and track intruding drones. This capability also provides automated or manual countermeasures (note: active countermeasures may not be legal)
• escMSAP™ (MSAP/Multi-Service Aerial Platforms): provides state-of-the-art drone technologies for surveillance and inspection both manual or fully autonomous operations and beyond the visual line of sight (BVLOS) (if permitted).
DroSecMa services can be used as stand-alone solutions or be part of a higher-level Risk Management System / Corporate Security System.
Users and their needs
Typical DroSecMa users:
• public safety (federal and national police forces, prisons, …)
• government buildings (embassy, legislative buildings …)
• critical infrastructure (airports, rail, power, …)
• event venues (sports arenas, concert venues, …)
• large industrial plants (automobile, high-tech manufacturing, chemical production …)
• individual properties (skyscrapers, high-profile private homes, …)
Each user has unique requirements. However, the majority have a fundamental set of basic needs:
escCUAS™: High potential threat or consequence due to incident
• 24/7 real-time threat minimum of false alarms
• Reliable documentation, tracking and data logging
• Situational awareness (flight paths/live video)
• Countermeasures (as allowed)
escMSAP™: Increased security and operational efficacies
• Reliable/resilient and secure communications – multi-path data links between ground control and UAV (cellular networks, Wi-Fi, SatCom, …), for TM/TC processing, Command & Control and live video streams
• Encryption of communication and stored data
• Robust GNSS module, providing measures against GPS jamming or spoofing
• Maximized flight duration
• Autonomous and BVLOS operations (as permitted)
• Safety features (parachute, transponder, RETURN HOME function etc.)
esc Aerospace is a vendor-independent system integrator with a focus on meeting customers’ unique needs. We analyze needs and leverage best in class solutions from a great variety of suppliers to deliver best value to our customers.
DroSecMa is not regionally limited and can be used world-wide. We currently support customers in Europe and North America, with plans for South America and Asia in the near future.
Service/ system concept
DroSecMa provides enhanced enterprise security and operational efficiencies by integrating drone detection and countermeasures (CUAS) services and drone surveillance and inspection services (MSAP). It provides an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that allows for integration and configuration of MSAPs and CUAS functions.
Services are tailorable, and users defined to provide the utmost functionality and flexibility.
Space Added Value
|Satellite Communication||Satellite Communication will provide data and communication links
in areas…• where no other networks are available, like 3/4G mobile
networks or Wi-Fi.• these networks are not sufficient in view of bandwidth,
reliability or latency.• a redundant channel needs to be established.
|GNSS||• GNSS will provide position data for localization of
intruding drones or guidance of MSAP surveillance /
inspection drones. The standard GNSS signals/data will be
improved in certain cases, e.g. during drone landings
on-board of a cruise ship.
• GNSS will improve the localization accuracy of sensors.
|EGNOS/EDAS/D-GPS/RTK||• increase in accuracy, availability and integrity of the
obtained GNSS data (robust and precise)
• best fitting technology; will be selected on a case-by-case
• existing solutions (EGNOS/EDAS based techniques,
Iridium Satellite Time and Location (STL) service etc.) will
be amended by next generation solutions that will be
deployed in the near future (e.g. Galileo Commercial